Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled apart the original carbs that were on my 86 - mainly to service them and prepare them for storage and when I took the jets out I noticed both front and back carbs had 110's and 38's and with that knowledge came confusion.

The bike ran like a clock until the stator went so while the motor was out, well you can see in my sig what's been or being done. My biggest concern now is the rebuilt carbs I have, have got 142's and 40's - are they going to be too big for the local climate?

The service manual says the A2 came out with a 110 and 38 in the USA and Canada, and a 108 and 38 in the German and Swiss models but no listing for the Oz version. It, from what I've read here seems that everyone has or had 132's and 38's.

Can someone with a deeper knowledge of the vulcan clear this up for me as the Oz version is only listed sparingly in the service manual.

Apologies if I've confused anyone, I know I'm bloody confused.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I understand what you're asking, I just don't know the answer. You could pull your original jets out of your carbs, clean them really well and put 'em in the carbs going onto the bike.

Your sig says you re-jetted with K&N's so you want to go with those jets anyway.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your sig says you re-jetted with K&N's so you want to go with those jets anyway.
There in lies the problem, will 142's be too big. 110 to 142 is a huge jump, arrgggghhh. The original jets from the carbs goin on the bike, I put on my workbench and in a fit of cleanliness got cleaned up the following day and now (yes you guessed it) those jets went in the bin so I have no idea what size they were as I didn't check them :doh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts