Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to have my shift shaft replaced. Took the engine out and took it to the dealer. they replaced the shaft and I put the engine back in. also added a set of vance and hines pipes. But once I got it running it has a vibration problem. Broke license plates and a gas tank mount. I thought at first that maybe it was the pipes but I don't think so. The dealership doesn't seem to have an idea. At about 2000 rpm it looks like the mirrors are about to come off. rpm increase it smooths out but will make my right foot go numb after a while. right side seems worse. motor mounts look ok and don't see anything touching that shouldn't be. I'm lost. any ideas out there.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
you sure you got all the rubber bushings reinstalled with the motor mounts?

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Had to have my shift shaft replaced. Took the engine out and took it to the dealer. they replaced the shaft and I put the engine back in. also added a set of vance and hines pipes. But once I got it running it has a vibration problem. Broke license plates and a gas tank mount. I thought at first that maybe it was the pipes but I don't think so. The dealership doesn't seem to have an idea. At about 2000 rpm it looks like the mirrors are about to come off. rpm increase it smooths out but will make my right foot go numb after a while. right side seems worse. motor mounts look ok and don't see anything touching that shouldn't be. I'm lost. any ideas out there.
If you do have the rubber bushings installed I would check the motor mounts again. I believe the fronts may not be tight enough or possibly all of them. The bushings may not be seated properly. I still think it's the front mounts.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Depending on the age/condition of your rubber balance dampers, they may need replacing.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
there is also they didn't line up the marks on the balancers properly,when they put the engine back together and to me this sounds like the classic symptoms of this since it started after they had it apart,the bushings are a possibility too if they didn't replace them,which there is no excuse for if they had it torn down.

Either way
they need to take it apart and check it out since they did the work and they shouldn't have let you have it back and charged you for it if it wasn't right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts