Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my bike for just over 4 years, and about 2x a year the following happens. The bike is low on fuel (about 1 gallon before empty). Weather conditions have been humid or the day I'm riding it is humid. I start up fine, drive for a few miles (5-15), and the engine begins to cut out. Usually I get a 5-10 second warning, so I can pull over. Then it dies. Restart immediately does not work. What I have found is that I need to wait 5-10 minutes, then rock the bike back and forth, and then try to start it. Generally, it does start up, and then I can go on my way. Has anyone else had this problem ? I live in the Washington DC area where high humidity days are not too frequent.

I feel sure that what is happening is the bike's tank has a chance to collect moisture when it is at a low level. then it gets in the carb and stalls the engine. I even took the tank off after 1st time thinking I had some water in the tank, but found none.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Jeff and welcome!

A couple of things you can look at are:

1. Is the gas cap allwoing the tank to vent properly?

2. Has the bike ever sat for a period of time without being run? Possibly moisture in the tank or sediment which may be causing problems at the carbs.

3. Try adding SeaFoam to the gas. Use 1 ounce per gallon of gas. You can buy it at Napa Auto Parts stores. Not surprisingly, SeaFoam has helped solve many problems related to fuel issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts