1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
This is my first post. I recently bought a 95 vulcan 750
Eliminated hot start problem I think
However I repaced the spark plugs this morning and this is whats happening. I drove about 15 miles smooth as it coud be. Ate breakfast started riding again. AS I slwed down at a stop sign bike cut off. no sputter just dead. I started it and rode on. happened with increasing frequency. Friend riding with me said he smel fuel right before it cut off.
Help THis is my first used bike and I really like it. It seems to have more power than my 2009 honda aero 750.

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Be sure the choke lever is completely off (pushed away from you). If the bike sat for a while, there may be gunk in the carb. Sounds as if a float may be sticking. Tap on the carbs with a screwdriver handle and see if that will free it up. Add 4-8 ounces of Sea Foam to a tank of fresh gas and run it until the tank is empty. As an alternative, you can drain the gas from the carbs, refill with Sea Foam and let it sit at least overnight. Then drain the Sea Foam and run a mix of gas and Sea Foam through it. If none of these work, you may have to pull and clean the carbs.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
x2 seafoam seafoam seafoam
:)

·
Registered
796 Posts
I agree with seafoam but add a good dose and let it set over night after running it a while to get it into the carbs.

Have you checked to see if the vent for the tank is clear? This sounds a bit like poogs (phantom out of gas syndrome) The vent is located under the fuel cap. Spray some carb cleaner (cover the tank with a rag) or air into it to see if it is clear. The vent tube comes out of the tank under the front of the seat and drains under the bike, sometimes towards the back wheel or streight down in front of battery box.

Also carfully remove the cap from the tank via the 2 screws, cover the hole with tape or a rag so not to drop anything in the tank. There are a couple O-rings under there so be carful not to loose those. There are 3 holes that you can spray carb cleaner through. Use the red tube and hold it tight to each hole and if cleaner comes out of each hole the cap is clear. Do this to all the holes for a good cleaning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts