Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
notmechanical
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 94 vulcan 750 from a local dealer and when I get to aboat 50mph it starts to sputter...Pa Pa Pa Paaaaaaa Pa Pa Paaaaaa Pa Pa Pa Pa Paaaaaaaa Pa Paaaa(the sound it makes) i can feel it cut out as well with power. Im gonna change the plugs and do the basics. Could it be a basic thing or is it more a compression or engine problem??? Anyone else gone through this?? Please help me thanks!:confused: Also if i give it gas it doesnt do it it sounds great just when im trying to keep a constant speed.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
If the bike is stock, check your carb vent hose that runs to the back or the right "ear" (filter housing). the hoses coming from the carb vents go to a "T" and then the hose is run to the right ear. The end of the hose should be cut on a diagonal and put into the hole behind the right ear that has a slot in it. The angle cut will prevent the hose from bottoming out and sealing off the vent.

If the bike is modified with the "ear shave" then the vent hose should be placed where it won't be effected by the rush of oncoming wind. Tuck it under the tank or put a breather filter on the end of it.

If the vented end of the hose is not shielded from the wind, it will cause similar symptoms. Pressure or vacuum in the carb bowls will do strange things to the fuel delivery.

·
notmechanical
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
??

Is there a manual on here cause im not very mechanical and really dont know where you are talking about but i assume theres a manual on this site somewhere to find out everything, thank you for your fast response. is yours a 94 as well id like to hook up with some other 94 owners cause it seems some parts are difficult to find for this year and would like to know if any parts are interchangeable between years.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Is there a manual on here cause im not very mechanical and really dont know where you are talking about but i assume theres a manual on this site somewhere to find out everything, thank you for your fast response. is yours a 94 as well id like to hook up with some other 94 owners cause it seems some parts are difficult to find for this year and would like to know if any parts are interchangeable between years.
The 1985 VN700 has different Jugs, Heads, & Pistons EDIT: Cam Chains ?. Otherwise all VN750 (1986-2006) are VN750's. 99% of the parts are interchangeable between the years. The '86 - 91 had a Rectangular Master Cylinder, which has a different Lever mounting. '92 - 06 has a Round Master Cylinder.
All other difference's are cosmetic. The '85 - '91 came with "Brushed Aluminum Grab Rails, Sissy Bar, & Footpegs. '92 - 06 those parts are chromed. Of course the Paint schemes varied thru the years. The '85 - '90 had a portion of the wheels painted.
I'm sure I missed something on this subject...anyone may add to / correct this post as necessary.

:smiley_th +1

·
notmechanical
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i give it gas it does fine as long as im accelerating but when i just try to hold it at anything above 50mph it does the sputter thing

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
use seafoam.... before you remove and clean out the carbs.

You can drain the carbs abd fill them with Seafoam and let it sit and soak overnight. Then drain out the seafoam before you start the bike. Put some in the fuel and run a tankful or two of treated fuel to see if that helps first.

·
notmechanical
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seafoam

Just bought some today before i read this post ! Crazy, anyways im gonna try that and switch out plugs and air filters too. Thanks everyone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts