Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today i took my bike to work and it was riding great, while working it started to rain a bit so i had to go home. As i pulled away and began accelorating then suddenly the rpms dropped to zero and then right back up to where they had been before, it did this in 2nd and 3rd gear a few times. Each time there was a lot of jerking... As soon as i shifted into fourth the bike ran great (obviously i did not push the bike to see if anything sound wrong because it was a little wet out). Any ideas what this could be? When i left the bike was a bit wet, and it was raining. It's from 1993 and i just purchased it from a guy who kept it in a heated room for 10 years and never registered it and also hardly rode it (never on the road). Any suggestions about what it might be? I'm going to take it out again once it stops raining, its also going to the garage to get the tires done, oil change, lube of spline...what else should i ask them to look at? Thanks a lot!
-Sjaak

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
So today i took my bike to work and it was riding great, while working it started to rain a bit so i had to go home. As i pulled away and began accelorating then suddenly the rpms dropped to zero and then right back up to where they had been before, it did this in 2nd and 3rd gear a few times. Each time there was a lot of jerking... As soon as i shifted into fourth the bike ran great (obviously i did not push the bike to see if anything sound wrong because it was a little wet out). Any ideas what this could be? When i left the bike was a bit wet, and it was raining. It's from 1993 and i just purchased it from a guy who kept it in a heated room for 10 years and never registered it and also hardly rode it (never on the road). Any suggestions about what it might be? I'm going to take it out again once it stops raining, its also going to the garage to get the tires done, oil change, lube of spline...what else should i ask them to look at? Thanks a lot!
-Sjaak
Sounds you lost spark momentarily a few times... clean ALL your electrical connections...Especially the Ignitor Box connector.
Don't forget two chassis grounds from battery.
hope this helps
WilliamTech
:smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Ahhh, yer right across the river from Catskill...know the area well...cool !...another local !

Sounds like a bad electrical connection, especially since it coincided with rain...Check all of your bullet connectors for cleanliness, clean all of yer grounds (there are many), and check all of the safety switch wiring...
Also, if you still have the goats belly (the premuffler), that thing has a bad habit of making wires melt...check all the wires around it for damage.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Does anyone think it may have been a temporary block in the fuel flow? Could be a piece of dirt in the tank and the jerk dislogged it and let the fuel flow again. Just a thought

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Does anyone think it may have been a temporary block in the fuel flow? Could be a piece of dirt in the tank and the jerk dislogged it and let the fuel flow again. Just a thought
Sure, that is also a possibility....

WilliamTech:)

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
i was thinking the air filters might have sucked in a little rain but any one of us could be right it all sounds like possibilities to me

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did have a temporary filter on (should have mentioned that) so maybe that's a possibility...I have new filters now and I rode again today and had no problems. So ill see if it comes back again when it rains

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Could this be a case of a clogged vent tube under the gas cap? All there with the interrupted gas flow concept. This is also easy to take care of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts