Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Engine removal / shaft drive question

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  koosbarnard72 
#1 ·
I have to remove my engine and was wondering exactly how do I separate the drive assembly from from the final drive to get the engine out? Do I just pull engine forward and out or do I remove rear wheel and pull internal shaft out? Thanks.

#3 ·
I had a floor jack with a 1/2 piece of plywood mounted to it to roll the engine off the bike. I twisted the engine to the right as I pulled it forward just a bit, reached into the shaft tube with my fingers and pushed back on the shaft. Popped apart and the engine was lose from it. When doing this I had the bike on the center stand so when it went back together I could turn the back tire to help align the splines.

#8 ·
Im so happy someone asked this question ive never had a shaft driven bike . I have now an 85 kaw vulcan vn 700 in on the tear down now and the Manuel didnt say anything about the drive shaft on the engine removal part. Now i know so glad. Yall are the best. So just pull forward turn to the right . I'm replacing my stator. Alotta people are telling me I can just turn engine to get to them bolts ? Is that true ? Thanks .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.