Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About ready to reassemble the engine and want to paint it first. I have decided to use duplicolor high heat engine enamel. They have two different aluminum colors, DE1615 Aluminum and DE1650 Cast Caot Aluminum.

Does anyone know the difference between these?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
No, but I'll take a guess; one should look somewhat gloss-like similar to the outer edge of the Vulcan rim, and the other should look somewhat dull-like similar to a non polished, cast aluminum piece, like the "spokes" in the Vulcan rim.

Just my own little guess though, I could be way off the mark...

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but I'll take a guess; one should look somewhat gloss-like similar to the outer edge of the Vulcan rim, and the other should look somewhat dull-like similar to a non polished, cast aluminum piece, like the "spokes" in the Vulcan rim.

Just my own little guess though, I could be way off the mark...
Going further along with your guess, which one do you think would look more like the original finish?

Jon

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
FYI, I picked up about a dozen cans of Dupicolor at a clearance sale and have used it on several bikes. You may not be happy with the quality of the paint (adhesion, scratch resistance) over time. If you do use it, make sure the surface is well prepared (break the gloss with sandpaper) and set up some heat lamps to 'bake' the finish before re-assembly.

DT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts