Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:doh:I had ran my 95' low on oil and it started to knock. Going down the road with the clutch in it wasnt so bad, but when on the throttle it sounds bad. The knock is inconsistant, and is coming from the rear cylinder. I have pulled the engine to get to the top of the heads. Now that it's out and the top of the heads off I see nothing wrong. The lifters are not stuck and valves look ok. I had drained the oil before pulling the engine and there where no metal shavings or pieces of bearings. I'm was going to pull the cams today, can anyone shed light on my situation? Is there something I'm missing and is there a certain way to pull the cams? Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
It is kinda of late for it now. But the first thing that you should have check was the acct's. Go to the vulcan verses and check out the grambo trick.
Did the oil pressure light display when the noise started?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
X2 as soon as my bike cools down from the ride I just took to town I'm taking my front acct off and trying the conrsion myself. $6.23 in parts but I hope the boly I got is long enough.
sure wish you wouldnt have pulled the engine yet in case. I see your a new member, there is a wealth of knowledge here and a ton of great people. go to the newbie check in area and introduce yourself, then to the user cp and update some info such as location, where are you from? welcome!

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
My first thought was the ACCT's as well. Installed a set of MCCT's and my knock went away.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I just converted mine and went for a ride, that was pretty easy and quick, no more knocking whatsoever, I've had two separate springs in them a couple times even the ones by toc but this worked and was way cheaper than springs. I'll get some pics and post soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts