Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I'm a relatively new rider, licensed just over a year. I've got a '94 Vulcan 750 with about 17k miles. Got her tuned up in May 2014 but recently, late September, I was riding on the highway when I experienced a sudden loss of power. My bike runs awful now. I have to keep the rpms up manually or the engine stalls, I have a severe lack of power and my mpg is way down. It sounds much different as well. I replaced the spark plugs but the issue remains. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? As a college student I'm hoping to gain some wisdom online and keep my bills low, any knowledge is appreciated.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
One of your carb jets could have clogged.

There is something called a blowback procedure you can follow that can sometimes get gunk out of them without having to pull them off, etc. Search for the forums for it, an older member had posted a how-to previously.

You can also put some Seafoam in your gas (double the suggested amount), run it a few minutes until the seafoam/gas mixture reach the carbs, and leave the bike off a few days and let it soak.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts
WOLFIE'S blowback method.it should be a sticky in the carb section .;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts