Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and Merry Christmas to all! I just received my Kawasaki engine guard. In the instruction it states to remove the right side exhaust header from the engine and the crossover to install the guard. In other words – remove it completely. I am wondering if this is just a recommended way of doing this; or if this is the only way to do this? Has anyone installed this engine guard without removing te exhaust?
And... does anyone have the torque setting is for the two bolts where the exhaust attaches to the head?

Thank you !
Jaime

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
18 ft lbs for the Exhust manifold cap nuts

I have V&H exhaust, so I remove the right side pipe, and it is easy to do. I just need a new crush gasket. However I think removing the stock exhaust is a bit more work. From discussions on the other forum, all you have to do is just loosen the right side exhaust, and cover the pipe with something to protect it when putting the engine guard on.

RB

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had the dealer install my engine guard when doing the 500 mile maintenance and he told me he had to remove the stock exhaust as the Kaw instructions say to do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
sunnyorlando said:
Hello and Merry Christmas to all! I just received my Kawasaki engine guard. In the instruction it states to remove the right side exhaust header from the engine and the crossover to install the guard. In other words – remove it completely. I am wondering if this is just a recommended way of doing this; or if this is the only way to do this? Has anyone installed this engine guard without removing te exhaust?
And... does anyone have the torque setting is for the two bolts where the exhaust attaches to the head?

Thank you !
Jaime
My instructions stated "Loosen right exhaust at header and muffler". That's what I did, then slightly moved the exhaust pipe enough to remove the right lower engine mount bolt and completed the installation. It was not very difficult.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts