Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judging by other pics, I believe I have the stock F&S engine guard. It seems a little small to be able to mount highway pegs. It doesn't seem like there is enough room away from the brake pedal for it to be much use or am I missing something. Does anybody have any pics of this setup? :confused:

·
2,504 Posts
If you search ebay, look up offset pegs and you will see many similar to these.

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts

This is my bike when I first bought it, with the pegs on the engine guard. I have since removed the pegs.....

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Looks like I don't know how to post pics in the thread. Check my photo album the pics are in there....

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Could someone tell me how you post and imagine in a thread?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yup. Click go advanced. Then find the paper clip on the toolbar next to the smiley face. Click it. It takes you to a spot to upload photos. Also. I'll find the link. Bit there is a sticky for this somewhere. Hold tight

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Could someone tell me how you post and imagine in a thread?
Copy the IMG code on your picture on a site like photobucket or flickr and when you open the box to reply to a thread,look above it to the little icon that looks like a postcard,click on that and a message box will appear with http/whatever and all you do is clear that and paste your IMG code in it place and click OK and it should appear as a bunch of code in your post,you can then write you text after or before the pic. To do multiple pictures you have to go get the IMG code for the next PIc before opening the picture icon again,when you get ready hit submit and your pics should appear automagically in your post.

Here is where I mess with you a little ,I assume you actually meant" post an image",not "post and imagine" .People do that on here all the time ,with zero skills required.;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the pics.. How are the pegs for us undertall people. I have Chad's floorboards coming, just not sure if I'll need both

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
thanks for the pics.. How are the pegs for us undertall people. I have Chad's floorboards coming, just not sure if I'll need both
Speaking from the same point of view you are,I found them useless on my 1500 and took them off ,it has factory floorboards ,I think you will find them to be all you need as you can move your feet around some while riding and that's about all that Highway pegs are good for, IMO.Some people like the laid back riding position, I don't, never have,to me it moves all the pressure to your arms and back rather than your butt which was made for sitting on,Recliner in the house,yeah man,on the road ...not for me.

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
OK, so you have to have it posted to a web site like photo bucket. Thought maybe if you put it in your album here, you could also post the pic in a thread....

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Speaking from the same point of view you are,I found them useless on my 1500 and took them off ,it has factory floorboards ,I think you will find them to be all you need as you can move your feet around some while riding and that's about all that Highway pegs are good for, IMO.Some people like the laid back riding position, I don't, never have,to me it moves all the pressure to your arms and back rather than your butt which was made for sitting on,Recliner in the house,yeah man,on the road ...not for me.
Denny you recommend floorboard? I was thinking about getting them....

·
Registered
483 Posts
OK, so you have to have it posted to a web site like photo bucket. Thought maybe if you put it in your album here, you could also post the pic in a thread....
No you do not. Read my earlier posts

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
If you are in teh short reach you can use this style and turn them towards you.
These are a picture of a set installed on a customers bike. she sent it to me.

I like the Long horn offset, gives you alot more adjustment.
I have a 30" inseam and this is how it fits me.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Looks like I don't know how to post pics in the thread...
Nor that you can Edit your post...;). ( you could have just deleted your photo attempt text and asked about posting a photo without posting twice)

Anyway...I think the F+S "engine guard" is kinda useless and gets in many folks way.

Floorboards are the way to go, and if you really need highway pegs, the ones offered by Chad that bolt to the frame would be more comfortable.

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Nor that you can Edit your post...;). ( you could have just deleted your photo attempt text and asked about posting a photo without posting twice)

Anyway...I think the F+S "engine guard" is kinda useless and gets in many folks way.

Floorboards are the way to go, and if you really need highway pegs, the ones offered by Chad that bolt to the frame would be more comfortable.
Right, didn't know that either, still learning all the functions of the system.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts