Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. :) I am following KC Matt's fine example of telling our fellow vn750 members of recent eBay listing. :smiley_th

I installed a Wingerline unit on my bike and wanted to pass this Engine Guard on to someone here that could enjoy it.

Here is the eBay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290776845607?item=290776845607&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Bidding starts at $.01 with NO RESERVE.

*BONUS* For VN750.com members - If you win the auction let me know you're a member here and shipping is FREE

Attachments

·
2,526 Posts
You might get more if you have all the hardware & spacers that go with it. I have a set of original mounting instructions with the bolt sizes if you want a copy. Just PM your email address and I'll send it over.

·
100% Black & White
136 Posts
Very nice.... :) Why do I never see stuff like this on eBay UK. I'm guessing the free shipping for members wouldn't apply to me...lol

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shipping

@Gypsy Wolf

Oooo... I never thought of a member bidding from over the pond! But hey, if you bid and win, I would take the $15 shipping off of whatever it would be to get to you. I think KC Matt had checked on his and it would be somewhere around the $55-60 mark. Sound fair to you?

·
100% Black & White
136 Posts
That doesnt sound unreasonable for an airmail package of that weight and size and your offer of taking $15 off is more than fair!

I will definitely be keeping a close watch on the bidding :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you

Just a quick thank you to all that have stopped by and checked this out. There have been several bidders and the auction still has a couple days to go.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guard has sold

Engine guard has sold. A gentleman from Ohio got one HECK of a deal!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
So do you like the Wingerline better (I'm assuming so)? What do you like better about it?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wingerline

I think it provides much better protection for both rider and bike. The F&S really just kept the exhaust from getting ripped from the heads, vs. your toes being ripped from your feet... :)

I have picture of it installed on my bike under my profile.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I do like the way they come out wider than the F&S version. The prices on this stuff still amazes me

Does it install the same (basically)?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Installation

Basically the same install. Wasn't too bad at all. I did have to take off the right header and replace the gasket (about $7), I removed the brake and shifter pedals as it made things alot more accessible. I have read some posts where people did not remove them but it really didn't add much time. I think the whole thing only took me about an hour and fifteen minutes. Part of that was just figuring out what I needed to do.

Good thing I have since found was searching forums for postings where others have completed the task already. Very helpful. This forum has been a lifesaver and so much info! Good people overall.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Where did you buy the Wingerliner crash bar? I've been wanting a crashbar for my Vulcan 750.
Spencer

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here

Actually bought one from another forum member. I have since seen URL links to ones offered on Web. Try doing a forum search for "Wingerline", it should bring up some threads. I have been very pleased with mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts