Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Just a note you'll have to buy some different hardware as it needs longer bolts.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Just a note you'll have to buy some different hardware as it needs longer bolts.
Just for my personal education, why would you believe the hardware would be too short? It seems from my initial reading of the listing that it is a regular VN 750 item. I already have an engine guard although it is slightly skuffed on one side so I am not really in the market at this time. (At least it did what it was suppose to do.) lol

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Just for my personal education, why would you believe the hardware would be too short? It seems from my initial reading of the listing that it is a regular VN 750 item. I already have an engine guard although it is slightly skuffed on one side so I am not really in the market at this time. (At least it did what it was suppose to do.) lol
The stock bolts are not long enough to secure it properly. When it was sold new it was sold with a set of matching hardware.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
The stock bolts are not long enough to secure it properly. When it was sold new it was sold with a set of matching hardware.
OK. The original bolts (without the guard) are too short once the mounting flange for the guard is in place. Thanks. Makes me think that I should check someday to see if my guard was mounted with the original short bolts as I may have a problem waiting to happen although as I mentioned it has done the required job from an early riding career spill and slide. I appreciate the insight.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
When I mounted my guard I used all original bolts with the 3 shims. The one mentioned shows no shims plus does not show the plate with the larger bolt for the right upper side.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
This is the same guy selling the Mustang seat. If he is home today, I plan on going over to see what he has.
The story is that he is selling off accessories from his VN750 for some reason.

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
kc2dgq - PM sent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts