Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very minor scuffs and mild pitting... I think it looks GREAT all in all.

Last one of these I saw sell on Ebay a couple of weeks ago went for exactly

$152.50
+ $18.33
shipping

I am selling this one for 150 shipped.

I had a buddy ask me about this a couple of weeks ago so he will get first crack at it.

Otherwise.. First buyer with the cash gets it.. Ill put it on ebay later this week if I have no bites.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
Hey MaDeInSin,

Not a buyer, but it would be great if you could get a dimension from the right side bracket, the one that is not welded. I need to get the dimension from hole center to hole center.

Help a brother out would ya' ?:lockd:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sooooo just to make sure I am giving you the correct info...You need on the right side... from the center of the top hole... to the center of the bottom hole? If that is true then the answer is 4 3/4 inches.

Attached is the picture of how I measured it.

Let me know if this is what you needed!

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooooooo and after all that work.. I think that is not what you wanted.. I see the other side support is bolted on... That bracket is 3 inches from center hole to center hole...

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
Thank you friend. That ought to be close enough.

~~C8>

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
You know what, on second thought, I should probably be more clear just to be sure.

I was looking for a hole center to center on just the bracket itself. Not from bracket to guard. Like, if you took the bracket off the guard, hole to hole of just the bracket.

Is that what measured three inches?

~~C8>

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
That flat bolt on bar or plate is about 4 inches long, hole to hole is about 3-1/2, is really hard to measure on bike! Sounds like that plate did not come with guard? That one to me would be the last one to bolt on, so you would have some wiggle room to play with. I cheated a little when I installed that piece, took that plate and where the frame bolt has to be backed out, ( also have to loosen exuast, did not have crush gasket to replace it with ), took a metal cutting wheel and cut out a notch to just drop over that bolt. Made install a breese!

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
Thanks for the reply romeobravo.
I bought a guard that had no hardware. I have to make that bracket. I do have mounting instructions that designate the bolt sizes, so I can cut the right size holes, I just didn't know how far apart they are suppose to be.

Cutting a slot in the hole to "drop over" is a great idea, but I thought the bolt would be too short. I'm gonna' try that.

Thanks again, great tip.

~~C8>

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
That bolt in the frame is plenty long! You are going to have to make a couple shims!! You do know that right? Will have to look but am sure there is at least 2, basically the same thickness as that plate. Both foot pegs need the shims on rear bolts.

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
That bolt in the frame is plenty long! You are going to have to make a couple shims!! You do know that right? Will have to look but am sure there is at least 2, basically the same thickness as that plate. Both foot pegs need the shims on rear bolts.
Yea, I got the shims covered. Actually, I plan on using a couple of thick washers on each side. The only piece I'm missing now is the right side bracket.

~~C8>

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Kind of figured you would easily figure those shims out, and that one plate should be easy to fabricate!

·
2,521 Posts
Here's a good one for ya, I found a NOS Engine guard last year on ebay for $80 in the original box not ever mounted with the hardware. All untouched!!! I'm not sure when I'm going to mount that baby.

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
Here's a good one for ya, I found a NOS Engine guard last year on ebay for $80 in the original box not ever mounted with the hardware. All untouched!!! I'm not sure when I'm going to mount that baby.
That sounds like a great find shark88.
I've heard of and seen the F&S and the Wingerline, but I do not know what the NOS looks like. The one I have is a F&S, and I got it for $72 shipped thanks to kc2dgq.
It needs a little elbow grease to clean some minimal surface rust, an it ain't perfect; but I guess that's the deal I got, and I'm good with it. I wanted a little chrome to wrap around the dull black front of the bike, and eventually, give me a place to mount some highway pegs. :smiley_th

~~C8>

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
That sounds like a great find shark88.
I've heard of and seen the F&S and the Wingerline, but I do not know what the NOS looks like. The one I have is a F&S, and I got it for $72 shipped thanks to kc2dgq.
It needs a little elbow grease to clean some minimal surface rust, an it ain't perfect; but I guess that's the deal I got, and I'm good with it. I wanted a little chrome to wrap around the dull black front of the bike, and eventually, give me a place to mount some highway pegs. :smiley_th

~~C8>
NOS= New Old Stock

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts

$152.50
+ $18.33
shipping

I had a buddy ask me about this a couple of weeks ago so he will get first crack at it.

Otherwise.. First buyer with the cash gets it.. Ill put it on ebay later this week if I have no bites.

Thanks!
Here's a bump for MaDeInSin, since I hijacked his OP :loser1:

PICS!! ---> http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21939

~~C8>

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahaha No worries brother... I am glad you got the info you needed. Plus - I am pretty sure the rack is sold.. just waiting on final confirmation.

That's a hell of a buy Shark88...!! I've found a couple great deals on ebay but I think its just about being in the right place at the right time.

Have a Great One and Ride Safe All-

·
Pete505
19 Posts

$152.50
+ $18.33
shipping

Thanks!
MaDeInSin,

Sent PM

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Mine didn't come with shims either...flat washers stacked work just fine!
Maybe Madeinsin can photocopy or trace his bracket on a piece of paper and scan it and email it to you...just a thought.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Absolutely no problem if it will help. Just let me know!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Absolutely no problem if it will help. Just let me know!
see...that's why I love this forum....everyone is always willing to help out!
What a great group we have here :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts