Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spent yesterday (a nice 70 degree day here in NJ), taking my last ride and doing all the fluid changes necessary at the end of my ride for putting up my bike for the winter. :( :(
Today, I concentrated on the cosmetics of the bike and its now in hibernation at least until March 2007.
I know I probably could manage a few more rides in the next couple weeks, but time isn't on my side for the next few weeks.

I started my season this year at the end of March and clocked about 7,500 miles of riding - ending on today Nov 1st.
It was a good year of riding for me. No mishaps, no drops at all (knocking wood now!). I past my 1 year experience mark this past August, and now have about 11,000 miles of riding under my belt to date. I got to meet & ride with a few folks from NJ on this & the yahoo forum, and I also took my first long trip on the bike to NC outer banks, and back up thru Skyline Dr in VA. That trip was AWESOME - and comfortable too - thanks (again) to the many people who give suggestions about making our bike more comfortable. :)

I also learned alot mechanically about my bike. I have been doing all the maintenance - all fluids changed, splines greased, cables lubed, completely tuned up the bike with new air k&n air filters, and new spark plugs as well. Thanks to this site and the yahoo site, I have learned ALOT. Thank You ALL for your advise and expertise!

Anyway - I am already counting down the months. I think the only thing that will make the spring come faster is the fact that our first child is due to be born in late January. Focusing on that for the past months of my wife pregnancy has caused time to fly by faster than I have ever thought possible.

My wife & I just returned from FL last week - and I envy you folks down there who can ride almost year round. :)

Dom

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
omg Dianna that was too funny!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta show the wife that one.
congrats on a good season Dom, sounds like a great trip you had, I have been on skyline drive but in a cage, must be 100 times better on a bike.

·
Geek
872 Posts
Congratulations on a good season ! I'll keep riding into December. I store the bike from mid-December through mid-March. Have a great winter ! Best of luck with the new arrival. Mine are 14 and 17 and get more expensive every day but you just love them to death.....

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Best wishes on the new family member Dom ! :beerchug:
And great to hear ya had an enjoyable season of riding.
Skyline Drive is one ride East coasters should try to get in. It is AWESOME !!! (I guess we could let the mid-state and West coasters ride it too if they want)

My Vulcan will probably get put into 'semi-hibernation', ready to ride at a little more than a moments notice. Ya never know when an unexpected great ride day will show up. :motorcycl

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah - if I had a garage, I would keep it ready to ride throughout the winter. However, w/o one, the upkeep on the bike in keeping it clean in the freezin cold and dealing with it being potentially buried in a snow drift doesn't allow me to do so. Some day, my carport will be converted into a garage! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts