Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trees here are turnin already, and a few of the Inner Circle of our crew been talking about getting a "last hurrah" ride in...we're thinking Delaware Water Gap, to points north (to the colors) then back....
Date as of now is undecided.
Posting a map of the proposed route, plus a region map in a 60mi radius of the starting point. No need to start at the start, say, if yer in the Scranton area. Just pick us up along the way.
I picked Blairstown, NJ as a start, because its good for the central/so Jersey guys, lower NY guys, and the NYC/LI guys....
This ride also includes a stop at the Bushkill, PA fleamarket/swapmeet.

If anyones interested, post here, add yer name and info to my group list, and post the days yer available. Depending on how far from Blairstown, figure on a full day, although the route isnt that long. But we're lookin breakfast, lunch and mebbe even dinner. Lemme know...

Supposed to be 20. 30, 40, 50

Another note...for any interested...PA has no helmet laws and we'll be on back roads a lot....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just in case the weather gets really crappy before we do this, Im proposing an alternate group lunch/dinner...we'll reserve a place at a restaurant/diner with a big table, eat, have a few, and then talk about plans for next season.
Good way to meet some of the newer guys too....those far can bring their cages, those close can ride. Your choice.
I'll still be making shorter rides until after the first snow, but fer a successful group ride, weather should be good, else the newer guys wont come back, lol.
This lunch/dinner thing is just an alternate, and if we make the Gap ride, we can still do this get together the month after.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride! The only weekend I am not able to ride would be OCT 13-14. and NOV 17-18...if we drag it out that far...lol

I like the Meet-and-greet idea of dinner at a diner. Let me know what you decide.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im gonna wait to see who responds with dates available, then shoot fer the date most can do. Its the end of Sept now, so I best hear some yelps from the rest of the Wolf Pack, else will be just the Usual Suspects, which is fine by me too. What the F is up with that NYC crew ?...they say they wanna go on rides, but ?????????? I figured this'd be nice for em since its a buzz out Rt 80....easy....
And ya can ferget a long ride in Nov brother, for me anyway...a shorty, ok...the damage I got from frostbite yrs ago prevents me. But would be a great time for that group dinner I mentioned. Is Jorgensens on 23 still around ?...that'd be cool...
Oh, btw...got a present fer ya next time yer up...them grips are off, and Im makin ya a heel heat shield, now that I got a welder....

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride! The only weekend I am not able to ride would be OCT 13-14. and NOV 17-18...if we drag it out that far...lol

I like the Meet-and-greet idea of dinner at a diner. Let me know what you decide.
OCT 20-21 looks good for me so far for a good ride. I am away on OCT 6-7 and again OCT 13-14.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So tentatively, lets say Oct 20-21 then...unless things change. Earlier wouldda been better, IMO (warmer ?...lol), but we can manage...if its pretty chilly, we can forget the ride up to Hawley, and just go straight from the Gap toward Milford on 209 then. Will make for a shorter ride, but still a nice one !

·
2,494 Posts
There seems to be a whole lot of interest in rides by many but very little actual committment when the time comes to set a date or actually ride. I am still hoping that we can get more than just the usual riders for this one.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me too brother....I'd like to see a group of 10-12...since we decided on this date pretty much, gonna PM/mail a few others on my list that may not have seen this...but hey, if its just us 3, sobeit...we'll still have a great time, and you know we will.... ;)

·
2,494 Posts
Me too brother....I'd like to see a group of 10-12...since we decided on this date pretty much, gonna PM/mail a few others on my list that may not have seen this...but hey, if its just us 3, sobeit...we'll still have a great time, and you know we will.... ;)
Keep Anthony and I in the loop as to which members you contact. Maybe we can contact a few more that we may know of and increase the group a bit.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do Tom...but I still dont have yer email addy.... ;)

OCTOBER 2012: temperature 54° (2° below avg.); precipitation 3" (0.5" below avg.);
Oct 1-4: Showers, warm;
Oct 5-8: Sunny, cool;
Oct 9-11: Showers, warm;
Oct 12-17: Sunny, cool;
Oct 18-24: Rain, then sunny, cool;
Oct 25-27: Show-ers, warm;
Oct 28-31: Sunny, cold.

Old Farmer's Almanac

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may do a Mardi Gras ride to Noo O'lean one day...I'll meet ya there... ;)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...Miss Laleesh would treat us REAL good....just like family ! ;)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...so, the ride's on....who's signin up ?....so far :

Wolfie
Vulcan 2000
kc2ddg

..and a few mebbes...thats fine too...6 riders is as good a 12...its the brotherhood that makes the ride !

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I would like to join this ride, my Date available in Oct is the 21st - been pretty busy lately but would love to get out for a group ride again

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oct 21 is the day then...I will send out emails as to meetup time and location to all on the list.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
how do i get on this email list? merc (number four number five) @ gmail.com

kenny

1 - 20 of 95 Posts