Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just go the Electrosort R/R for my 93 750 Vulcan and I want to make sure I don't mess up conecting the wiring to the MC wiring.
The R/R has : Green - Black - Red wires. (and of course the yellows).
The MC has : Blk/yelow - Brown - White.

Which R/R wires go to which MC wires?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
sounds like the wrong RR the MC harness should plug in like the stock one

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The original plug melted/burned away long ago so I can't reference what wires went where. I guess I can call Electrosport and make sure they sent me the correct R/R, but I noticed that ALL the R/Rs for VN750 years were the same part #. In my mind, anyone that orders a R/R for their 750 will get the same R/R that I have. Meaning that the wires coming off the R/R wont be the same color as the MC.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
The original plug melted/burned away long ago so I can't reference what wires went where. I guess I can call Electrosport and make sure they sent me the correct R/R, but I noticed that ALL the R/Rs for VN750 years were the same part #. In my mind, anyone that orders a R/R for their 750 will get the same R/R that I have. Meaning that the wires coming off the R/R wont be the same color as the MC.
:confused: My stock R/R doesn't have wires, just male spade connectors that the connector on the harness plugs into. Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
:confused: My stock R/R doesn't have wires, just male spade connectors that the connector on the harness plugs into. Am I missing something?
Thanks FC ,my point exactly.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I just go the Electrosort R/R for my 93 750 Vulcan and I want to make sure I don't mess up conecting the wiring to the MC wiring.
The R/R has : Green - Black - Red wires. (and of course the yellows).
The MC has : Blk/yelow - Brown - White.

Which R/R wires go to which MC wires?
You already have the answer in your post.

Green To Blk/yellow GROUND

Black to brown SENSING

Red to white POWER

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
The Electrosport R/R is an aftermarket part that has a wire pigtail. The stock replacement does not have this, only connectors directly on the R/R itself. I hope this helps clear up any confusion. (I am on my 4th R/R! An education I wish I didn't have...)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lance 328.... thanks for the help.

Krup327... well said, sorry to hear this has been a recurring project for you, this is my 2nd R/R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts