Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone besides myself ever got around to installing the Audiovox electronic cruise control that I did the post on some time ago? If so, how did my explanation and pics work out for you?

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
I know quite a few owners in the FJR forum have installed the unit, but other than you I have not heard of anyone installing one on a VN750.

My guess here is that most folks that have VN750's...a bike that cost around 6 grand new, do not see the investment of a $$$$ cruise controll a worthwhile option...not that I am saying Vulcan owners are cheap...but many of us are...lol.

Unless I am mistaken, the new C14 and a very few other bikes on the market actually come with CC. Even though I did blow my savings on an FJR, I am pretty happy just using a "cramp buster" as my cruise control. At less than 10 bucks it works great... ;)

KM

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I was wondering if anyone besides myself ever got around to installing the Audiovox electronic cruise control that I did the post on some time ago? If so, how did my explanation and pics work out for you?
I haven't done it, but was sufficiently impressed that I copied your post and added it to my "Vulcan Files". :motorcycl

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Obviously, electronics are not for me, and I don't see how it could work on a carbureted bike anyway. I use, and highly recommend the "Vista Cruise" cruise control. Unlike those grips with a flap on them, the Vista Cruise is an actual throttle lock, which allows you to take your hand off the grip. it can be disengaged 2 different ways, either by flipping a lever, or slight pressure on the throttle. I paid somewhere between $30-$40 for mine, and it is worth it's weight in gold on long rides. Jerry.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Also had the vista cruise on my scoot. Fantastic for the money. won't keep the speed, but keeps the throttle position real well. (slows down uphill, speeds up downhill). great for being able to rest your hand on those long rides.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
An important question would be, how are you liking it? What have you experienced? I've been holding off to see how your experience would be. Definitely something I'm interested in for the 1500.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far I have no compliaints on my installation. Like I said many times before to people that have asked, I think it works better than the factory installed cruise on my Wing. While I will say it is probably not a worthy investment for around town travel, it cant be beat for highway travel. Keeps the speed on hills as it should better than most any car I have ever had. For less than $125 in parts and a little time, I would say it is probably the best investment I have made to my Vulcan. I came to this decision when I was riding 38 miles one way to work, mostly highway without cruise. It was one of the things I missed the most that the Wing has besides tunes. I was told by a friend of mine that has several bikes that he thought it looked like the parts for the install belonged there.

Anyways, I was just wondering if I still had a 1 of a kind bike.

Thanks to all that replied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts