Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering....would an EMP attack affect our Vulcans if we were riding? What if they are in the garage with battery tender attached?

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
Just wondering....would an EMP attack affect our Vulcans if we were riding? What if they are in the garage with battery tender attached?
Switch to decaf, and take a nap. I feel thats the best advice in this situation. :BLAM:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do need decaf...man drinking three shots straight up at the local starbucks...

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I'm not a expert but plugged in it may fry the battery, there is no computer to hit so I would guess it could still run if you can get it started.
Unplugged I don't know if it would drain the battery or not.
Found this if it helps.
In addition to other effects, a nuclear weapon detonated in or above the earth’s atmosphere or alternatively an E-Bomb (see below) can create an electromagnetic pulse (EMP), a high-density electrical field. EMP acts like a stroke of lightning but is stronger, faster and briefer. EMP can seriously damage electronic devices connected to power sources or antennas. This include communication systems, computers, electrical appliances, and automobile or aircraft ignition systems. The damage could range from a minor interruption to actual burnout of components. Most electronic equipment within 1,000 miles of a high-altitude nuclear detonation could be affected. Battery powered radios with short antennas generally would not be affected.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I was just listening to the radio and they were saying that we would be totally devastated by an EMP. Transported back to agricultural days. No water...etc. I have MRE's for food but need to think about water back up.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Thanks. I was just listening to the radio and they were saying that we would be totally devastated by an EMP. Transported back to agricultural days. No water...etc. I have MRE's for food but need to think about water back up.
You mean it would even dry up the lake...??? Would we have to recirculate our drinking water...??? How many times can you recirculate it before it gets too salty...???
BTW-47 years ago today I was quail huntin, do you remember JFK...
Have agood one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I do need decaf...man drinking three shots straight up at the local starbucks...
Get it now while you can man. Once the EMP eradicates our water supply and sends us back to the dark ages, coffee will be a thing of the past. You have your bunker dug right? Better get on that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I very well could be naive on this, but why would an EMP affect the water supply? If you lived in a city it your tap probably wouldn't work due to all the electronics that keep the system working, but hand and diesel pumps should be fine.

Living in DC... I think I'd have bigger problems to worry about than an EMP. Everyone seems to want to blow up a section of this town.

I think our bikes should be fine. Maybe the fuses would blow. Then all vulcan 750 riders could establish a Mad Max style government since we will be the ones with transportation.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Here ya go buddy, a link to a techy site where nerds offer ways of protecting yourself from an EMP blast. I assume you mean non-nuclear EMP fallout right? Because if you mean the EMP that results from a thermo-nuclear blast, we need to chat about priorities.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Silly guys... zombies can't use EMP!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
No wonder Jerry did't want a Fuel Injected bike .No Post Apocalyptic riding,who woulda thunk it? :eek:

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
Silly guys... zombies can't use EMP!
Zombies, I forgot the zombies. I need to stock up on ammo. Remember, destroy the brain to kill a zombie.:hitanykey

·
Super Moderator
11,933 Posts
You will die of the resulting radiation long before the problems encountered with your useless electronics effect your survival.

There's that scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid where the Kid does not want to jump off the cliff into the water far below because...... he can't swim.

Butch looks at him and says,
" You moron, the fall will likely kill you anyway.."

Worry over EMP problems is not much sillier than buying yourself a wig to prepare for your hair falling out from the radiation you will be exposed to. Dude, you are going to die...who cares if your bike won't start? LOL

KM

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Does no one remember the safest position, you older folks should...??? You squat, bend over, and with your head between your legs you kiss your arse good bye...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Does no one remember the safest position, you older folks should...??? You squat, bend over, and with your head between your legs you kiss your arse good bye...
Have a good one...Old Dog...
LMFAO!!! I love Old Dog dude. If I had a nickle for every time my Pop said that, I'd be a rich man. He was usually referring to my choice to persue aviation. Thankfully I haven't had to go that route yet. LOL!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts