Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In mine .pdf manual it's not shown correctly.
There is no light and tachometer don't work, going to check fuses.
Warmed engine stops when I ride, I don't know why, may be cous' of electronics.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Do you mean no headlight, or light inside the tach?

Don't want to worry you, but my headlight quit working when the stator went out. The tach was working though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headlight is ok, no light inside the tach, and now the tach dont working, need el. schem or give me a link to it... I rod about 60 km generator is ok, but tachometer don't work.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
An electrical diagram is available HERE. It's an EXTERMELY large PDF file. The diagram for the tach light is on page 303 (page for "Other than US & Canada" bikes).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the point, I already have this manual, but electric schem wasn't apears corectlly - so I wasn't seen anything. Now it's ok I re-install my acrobat, and know I see the schem.
In home it was hard to download new manual(I've think that mine was damaged), couse' 1mb ~ 1$ to me, I conect to internet by mobile phone.

Now its ok. I have a schem and try to find what wrong with my bike.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
That's the point, I already have this manual, but electric schem wasn't apears corectlly - so I wasn't seen anything. Now it's ok I re-install my acrobat, and know I see the schem.
In home it was hard to download new manual(I've think that mine was damaged), couse' 1mb ~ 1$ to me, I conect to internet by mobile phone.

Now its ok. I have a schem and try to find what wrong with my bike.
Oh, I understand. Glad you have it correctly now :smiley_th
Hope that you get it all figured out.
Be sure to note that some of the diagrams are for US and Canadian bikes, and others are for other countries.
I'm just guessing, but most of what is different would probably be that the headlight isn't on all the time that the bike is running. Might be some other things too, but that is all I can think of.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find a problem. It was a new headlight case - it cut wires ~ 8 of them, though tachometer inside light wasn't work first, at second tach stop work it self.

I repair this, connect wires, everything work, exept engine. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What does it mean when neutrial and oil pres. sensors is blinking( I mean: 1 second -normally, next second- low level of light, and again normally ...)?
Key is on, ignition off, lights off.
And when engine works on idle rpm's, turn on headlight and push brakes - engine stops.
I wonder what should i check first? :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Sounds like some more wires may have been crimped or cut in the headlight case. I'd start there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think so too, but I check every wire in headlight case and haven't seen something wrong.

I'm going to add some idle rpm's -thinking of, when turn on lights and stop signals - the voltage becomes lower level and ignition stops working, but when I give him a little throtle the generator start produce sufficient ampers to system to work.
Tachometer isn't show precislly how much rpm's is 900 or 1100, right?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Tachometer isn't show precislly how much rpm's is 900 or 1100, right?
On idle, yes. That's about the average range.

The blinking lights does sound like something is loose or maybe the wires are grounding on something, but doing it when the bike isn't running, but key is on, is kind of strange.

When the engine stopped (when headlight and brake are used) did you happen to move the handlebars a good bit to the left or right?
Again, sound like wires grounding out somewhere.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I rod yesterday, engine stops, lights went out.
Key off and on- light apears. I plug, unplug fuses and clear right handle bar from dust.

I think it was main 30 A fuse or it's contacts.
I'm going to clear contacts with some cleaning liquids if fint it.(Old bike - old contacts).

When I find what it was I write.
Thanks for help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts