Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '86 VN750A2
Some things were taken off the bike when I bought it.
Turn signals for example, bought some on ebay. Came across two wires and I don't know what they are for. Both have (compared to the turn signals) large connectors. One is Blue/White and the other Black/Yellow. I tried looking at the wiring schematic from http://www.tocmanufacturing.com but I am not an electric engineer. I have not ridden the bike yet as I am waiting for a few parts and a brand new paint job (Emerald Green Metaflake). Would like to get all the kinks worked out soon. I am wondering if they are aux wires or if they are used for the instrument panel/tach/spedometer.

Thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are a couple of connectors for accessories in the front harness. I used mine to wire a power connector for my GPS.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ptcrusher said:
I have an '86 VN750A2
Some things were taken off the bike when I bought it.
Turn signals for example, bought some on ebay. Came across two wires and I don't know what they are for. Both have (compared to the turn signals) large connectors. One is Blue/White and the other Black/Yellow. I tried looking at the wiring schematic from http://www.tocmanufacturing.com but I am not an electric engineer. I have not ridden the bike yet as I am waiting for a few parts and a brand new paint job (Emerald Green Metaflake). Would like to get all the kinks worked out soon. I am wondering if they are aux wires or if they are used for the instrument panel/tach/spedometer.

Thanks in advance
Mike
Hi Mike,

The black/yellow wire is a ground. The blue/white is a constant hot for accessories. Hope that helps.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good so in therory every light should light up properly and I didn't screw up the turn signal wiring, Sounds like good news for me

Thanks to all of you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sgt Mike is right, the blue/white is a constant hot fused to the 10A accessory fuse in the main box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts