Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the best way to clean and tighten all the electrical connections on the bike i.e. under side cover in front of tank, in headlight ive got some that are loose meaning when i shake the connectors it changes things on the bike and I'd like to get them all cleaned up and tightened what is the best way

·
NewB to Vulcans
220 Posts
How good are you with electrics? You can tighten up most of the connectors as they are simple blade or bullet types. Bullets can be tightened with a pair of pliers and a gentle crimp. The block connectors have blades in them that you can pull out if you are careful and have the right tools. Might need a sheet of very fine sandpaper to gently clean the mating surfaces.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Yup, have to release each spade from the plug one at a time noting the location (some pins are empty), squeeze the spade so it fits tighter.

I used a sewing needle to release the tiny lock tab on the spade, then the spade just locks in when you put it back. Did all the wires on the JB, my fan wire was loose and stopped working.

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you find that some of the bullet or spade connectors are too crusty to salvage, then I would recommend Posi-Lock connectors. They are not the cheapest, but they are easy to install, secure, and don't require any special tools. I've used them on my heated grips and second brake light installs. They also make a waterproof version (not really needed for motorcycles).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts