Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the main electrical issues (& cures) for the VN750? I have browsed this forum, and noticed mentions of such.

A couple weeks ago, we picked up a 1990 VN750 w/ 14,000 miles. The previous owner had the bike for 10 months to learn on, before getting a brand new Harley 883.

On a couple of occasions, we have experienced electrical power failure on our bike, but were able to get going after pulling over, and then everything seemed fine.

Any solution to prevent electrical power from "dropping out"? Thanks!!!

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
Sounds like an ignition switch. Some of us have had that problem, including me. I remember running a parallel hot wire from another circuit to the ignition circuit about five years ago in case the electrons got lost in the switch. If anybody is interested I can sketch up the circuit. It made sense to me at the time and I haven't had a power dropout, blown fuse or melty wiring in the past 10,000 miles. It's starting to come back to me- I remember using a relay.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Why would you get rid of a Vulcan 750 for an 883??

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Because you are a slugnut! :doh:
Is it you, or the previous owner, that's having the electrical problem...???
Have a good one...Old Dog...:beerchug:...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
/\ Ha, ha, I was just jerkin your chain over the Harley 883 comment...lol... Hopefully it is just a simple ignition problem...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Yes! I was wondering myself why they downgraded to a Harley! :loser1:
I don't consider my bike a Harley, It's a girls bike...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts