Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to start my bike for the first time this year and noticed the dog has chewed a bunch of electrical wires. I fixed the wires for the stator, she's also chewed the wires going to the little black box that says 'reserve lighting device', plus a couple wires up front by the radiator. The bike starts and runs, but when you put it in gear, it dies. I still need to fix the wires for the lighting box, and one set of wires up front I know goes to the brake switch, but I don't know where the green/white and brown wires on the left side of the radiator go. What would cause it to die when I put it in gear? Any info would be helpful, thanks.

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
Check to make sure she didn't chew through the wires on the kickstand safety switch.

Sounds like a really great dog. Maybe she would like a new chew toy ... just sayin'. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has plenty of chew toys but she prefers wires I guess. Do you know where that green/white wire in the front goes? I assume the kick stand sensor won't let it run if the kick stand is down, right?

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
I think on the '01, that is the Kickstand safety switch wire from the JB to the switch connector. You may have found your problem. Good hunting, and let us know. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts