Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange thing happened when i went to car wash. I pulled up on my Vulcan and was sitting over the grill that the water drains into....i extended the kickstand without touching the ground or grill....and the engine started to sputter....i put the stand up and it ran fine....i pulled up and put the stand down on cement and it was fine. Did putting my stand out over the grill cause some type of electromagnetic conduction? Just wondering.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
You could check you kick stand cut off switch. It maybe starting to go bad, or a lose connection could also be the problem.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
X2 to weh44att. Put the bike up on the centerstand, then get down by the sidestand and work it up and down so as to work the switch, and spray some WD-40 or similar cleaner on it. You might want to get some better lube in there as the WD- 40 is not really a lubricant.

Don`t forget to use a little dielectric grease on the connection too.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Damn drain gremlins!!!

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
If anything, the side stand switch kills the engine when the side stand is extended. If you had the engine in gear and clutch pulled in, then the clutch lever switch is not working properly. If on neutral and clutch released, either clutch lever switch or neutral switch.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts