Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps,
I’ve decided to bite the bullet and, after owning for 23 years, rewire my VN. The wires are like dried spaghetti and there are numerous electrical problems. So....
My issue is that I can’t find the connectors that go into the fuse box and the igniter unit. I’ve ordered a few from different sites but they are just a bit to big. I then decided just to re-use the shells and push in new female ends into these. Unfortunately, again after buying various extraction tools, I can’t even get one out!
So, im back to square one and think I need to source the actual connector blocks.
Can anyone suggest somewhere to get these? I’m in the U.K. but I’m quite happy to order from anywhere.

Many thanks, Paul

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Not sure what exactly the connectors are (hopefully someone else will know) but the pins shouldn't be super-hard to get out. I was able to get mine out with a very fine screwdriver. Don't pull on the wire until you've disengaged the little clip, or it just digs in harder. Slip the tool, then pull, and it should just fall out! Unless the plastic has shrunk and is really grabbing the metal on the sides or something ... a quick wiggle should show if there's any movement inside the housing or not.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Worst case you can get a pin extractor kit, multiples on eBay Amazon etc, they come with multiple tiny tool tips to use.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I used a sewing needle to unlock the spades in the JB connector.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Hi chaps,
I’ve decided to bite the bullet and, after owning for 23 years, rewire my VN. The wires are like dried spaghetti and there are numerous electrical problems. So....
My issue is that I can’t find the connectors that go into the fuse box and the igniter unit. I’ve ordered a few from different sites but they are just a bit to big. I then decided just to re-use the shells and push in new female ends into these. Unfortunately, again after buying various extraction tools, I can’t even get one out!
So, im back to square one and think I need to source the actual connector blocks.
Can anyone suggest somewhere to get these? I’m in the U.K. but I’m quite happy to order from anywhere.

Many thanks, Paul
why not get a stock wiring harness from eBay and install it . I see them selllung for as low as 40.00

1 - 6 of 6 Posts