Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2001 VN 750: earshaved with K and N pods, MCCT conversion
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am just curious if there is any consensus regarding adding aftermarket electrical components to the bike. Because the bike has stator issues, I have some concern that adding a direct mount to battery phone charger may cause the stator to work harder than it wants too. While the stator has been replaced on the bike, I am not sure when or with what. Has Anyone run chargers of this type or anything else? If so, do you feel like it prematurely wore the stator?

· Registered
10,830 Posts
The idea is to use most of the power the stator makes. A dash mounted voltmeter will help with monitoring the charging system.

Phone chargers don't draw a lot of current, they're rated in milliamps. You should be able to leave a device charging, engine off, at least overnight without discharging the bike battery.

· Registered
2001 VN 750: earshaved with K and N pods, MCCT conversion
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that’s what I was hoping. The positive line is fused too, so I can pull the fuse any time the bike will sit to keep draw off the battery.

· Super Moderator
12,431 Posts
Someone once did the math and figured the Vulcan can run up to 70 watts of electrical accessories. This is of course under ideal situations, bike running at mid to high rpm’s so the stator is putting out its max voltage.
I ran a set of driving lights that pulled 40w. Only problem I noticed was when I was idling for awhile at a long traffic light. I had a switch to flip them off if needed. Do install a voltage meter so you can monitor your current if adding anything to the system.

· FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,573 Posts
Someone once did the math and figured the Vulcan can run up to 70 watts of electrical accessories. This is of course under ideal situations, bike running at mid to high rpm’s so the stator is putting out its max voltage.
I ran a set of driving lights that pulled 40w. Only problem I noticed was when I was idling for awhile at a long traffic light. I had a switch to flip them off if needed. Do install a voltage meter so you can monitor your current if adding anything to the system.
That would be Wolfie...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts