Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, been away for awhile. Haven't been ridin much either. When I went to fire up the bike the batt. seemed low? So, I hooked up a pigtail so I can attach a trickle charger when needed. Connected the neg first. But when I connected the Pos. it arc'd. So, there's a drain somewhere when the key is off. Anyone experiance this?

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Well, I have seen low batteries cause an arc just due to the fact that they're drawing current from the charger. Does it not arc if you connect it to the battery separated from the bike? The only thing I know of that's outside of the ignition switch is the fan circuit but I'm sure there'll be other suggestions. Good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One point I'd like to make here is that you should connect the charger then plug it in. If it was already live when you connected it, this could cause the arc.
I was just connectint the pigtail when it arced a little. Charger wasn't connected at that point. :confused:

·
Member? ... check.
546 Posts
Divide and conquer dynajim.
I would put a meter (reading current) in line (series) with the battery wire to the jb
Read how much current you are drawing.
Pull your 10 amp fuse, and check for current drop.
If still arcing, pull your 30 amp fuse, and check for current drop.

Which one is drawing current?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts