Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was experimenting with some different mufflers and finally settled on what i liked but now i have a whistle after i blip the throttle. I didnt take the header pipes off but i might have moved them back an forth a little messing with things. do ya think it is sucking air past the crush gaskets now to make that whistle everything is tight

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you mess with the headers, even moving them, you 'should' replace the crush gaskets. There's debate if this is 'necessary' or not, but if you're getting a whistle, it would be a good idea.

Also, if you didn't use it, you should put some muffler tape at any joints in your exhaust system. Like most products, there are several types, but essentially it's a tar- or putty-like substance that sticks everything together when it gets heated to eliminate exhaust leaks.

Always like to see how mods turn out, and hear your thoughts and opinions on the process :smiley_th

Hippie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input ,,im going to replace them ,,, i used the red 650 dg gasket sealer on my joints and they dont apear to be leaking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts