Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing how well my son's 05 Vulcan has done over the past year I decided to buy as 2003. It will go nice with my other 750, an H2 that I bought new in 74.

The previous owner had installed a EFM auto clutch that he had removed prior to sale. Is anyone interested in it? All the parts appear to be there and it basically replaces the pressure plate. Since I like to have spare parts on hand in case something break s(or gets bent) I am open to trading. New, these things go for more than some Vulcans so a trade would be nice. If no one is interested I will try and sell it on EBay

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Wow, I never heard of one of these being made for the VN.

Pretty awesome, overall. I doubt I'd have anything you'd want, but I bet someone here does.

Well, that being said, I do have a full spare electrical system for the VN750. Entire wiring harness and everything that attaches, igniter, JB, etc. Everything but the headlight and turn signals really. If you want that let me know. ;)

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
After seeing how well my son's 05 Vulcan has done over the past year I decided to buy as 2003. It will go nice with my other 750, an H2 that I bought new in 74.

The previous owner had installed a EFM auto clutch that he had removed prior to sale. Is anyone interested in it? All the parts appear to be there and it basically replaces the pressure plate. Since I like to have spare parts on hand in case something break s(or gets bent) I am open to trading. New, these things go for more than some Vulcans so a trade would be nice. If no one is interested I will try and sell it on EBay
...viewed manf. website video's ...wow ! I'm impressed !
wish I had the $$$ !

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Registered
384 Posts
Are you looking for anything in particular? I have some extra parts I would be willing to part with.
I have a starter, CDI box, starter solenoid, Exhaust system with or without the goats belly, and a hiway/crash bar.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of maybe a set of carburetors or a better seat. I already have extra electrical parts except for a stator (I planned on getting one from Ricks) gas caps, side covers, back rests, luggage rack, radiator, thermostat assembly, etc. Mostly all the odds and ends. I am going to de-goat my exhaust then eventually upgrade to a better exhaust like Vance & Hines. If I had the carburetors I could rebuild and re-jet so it would be ready to swap. I probably should weigh the assembly to get an idea on shipping. but it is fairly small.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
(I planned on getting one from Ricks)
Why Rick's.. every one Knows Tim has a better one for a fraction of the cost.. ohh and in the three years I have been recommending a TPE Stator, I have yet to see one fail.. in the same amount of time, Every one that puts a Rick's Stator on ends up getting the TPE any ways and wishes they did it first.

Get your Tim Parrot Enterprise's Stator HERE.

Carbs were like 5 bucks flat rate shipped usps.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I was thinking of maybe a set of carburetors or a better seat. I already have extra electrical parts except for a stator (I planned on getting one from Ricks) gas caps, side covers, back rests, luggage rack, radiator, thermostat assembly, etc. Mostly all the odds and ends. I am going to de-goat my exhaust then eventually upgrade to a better exhaust like Vance & Hines. If I had the carburetors I could rebuild and re-jet so it would be ready to swap. I probably should weigh the assembly to get an idea on shipping. but it is fairly small.
Do not buy a stator from Ricks. It's just cheap Chinese crap. You're best off doing a rewind from Tim Parrot when the time comes. I recently read about a Ricks stator lasting under 400 miles. :doh:

I do have a spare set of carbs in good working order, however. Let me know. :smiley_th

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good advice.

Thanks for the info on the stator. I don't really remember who suggested Ricks and before I buy any parts I plan on researching this site. The amount of information here is incredible. Since I just got the bike I am still sorting it out. She appears to have been sitting a while and to have been down once at a slow speed according to the windshield and some minor rash on one signal. I’ve changed the front tire (something I haven’t done in over 30 years and may pay someone to do next time) and am doing the basics. More or less following the Verses. Changing the fluids, checking for loose nuts and bolts and I have new NGK plugs and K&N air filters coming in the mail. Right now I am going to have a few extra keys made then I am pulling the rear wheel. I already replaced the lock on the toolbox which was missing and am probably going to make a set of floor boards. Even though I haven’t ridden since my H2 was parked in 85 I still want to put my feet down on pegs that are right below me. It’ll take a while to get used to the cruiser ride. The rear turn signals have been relocated and there’s a decent set of Willie and Max saddlebags. With just over 14,000 miles I am not expecting any real surprises.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts