Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I can't get to them either?
Could you maybe have the pics set to private?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Nice work!!!!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I like it! I have 2 questions for you I'm sure you've been asked the first. Did you rejet? or do those restrict enough air. 2nd the lights look great but are they going to draw too much power? I'm presuming you checked into that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am experimenting with jets now mainly for the exhaust change. All the intake plumbing under the tank is still being used. The lights are supposed to pull 55w each. Haven't checked it other than that.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think 55w each is a little much for non-highway use. I do like the lightbar. Simple and low profile. Nice job!! :smiley_th

·
Registered
207 Posts
The light bar is awesome!

Please aim these down and do not blind me when coming the opposite direction. Remember, you're representing us all.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
The light bar is awesome!

Please aim these down and do not blind me when coming the opposite direction. Remember, you're representing us all.
I'm with Darrel on this. While I do agree it's a great idea to do what ya can to help those "blind to a motorcycle" cagers see ya, sometimes there is too much of a good thing (IMO).
For the longest time, I didn't ride with my highbeam during the day. Mostly because I didn't like seeing REALLY bright lights coming at me when driving so I didn't want to do that to others. But not long ago I just re-adjusted the headlight down just a tiny bit, and the major part of the glare seems more acceptable to me.

Very nice fab job on the light bar. How did you cut the stainless?
Looks to me like laser/waterjet cut (except for the layout lines)? If done by hand, super job!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree on the lights, I don't like brights coming at me so my dims are low and I only use my brights with no on coming trafic. But this brings up a question; Is there a reason to use the brights during the day?

·
Registered
387 Posts
It makes you more visible to oncoming traffic. And during the daylight hours the highbeams aren't going to be as irritating as they are at night. We look at putting brighter tail lights on so that we are more visible, why not keep the headlight on high during the day for the same effect?

Must be my day to hunt down articles
http://www.motorcyclesafe.com/motorcycle-safety.html

And another that has some good reasons for not riding with the high beams on.
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/15february07_2007_invisible_rr.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts