Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got stupid (again) and broke my toolbox cover hinge yesterday, but found an easy fix that may even be better than the original.

If yours gets broken, take it all apart, including the four screws holding the bottom part on. Get some heavy duty Velcro and cut the fuzzy side to the right size to fit inside your toolbox over the broken hinge. I used one inch Velcro, so I get a half-inch overlap on each side. Clean the inner surfaces of the box with isopropyl alcohol (I used 91%) very thoroughly and wipe dry! Carefully align everything and stick the Velcro on the side that is usually inside.

That’s all there is to it. The glue on the heavy duty Velcro sticks like crazy to the plastic that these toolboxes are made out of . . . if they are clean. And the fuzzy-side Velcro makes a darn good hinge. Better than the original . . . if it lasts. If it does start to peel off I plan to stick it back with some Super Glue.

Hope this helps!

Bill

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
As a preventattive measure also, many of us have found that Duct Tape also works well in keeping the hinge part intact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts