Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im not sure if I got really lucky last night or not but I cleaned the carbs and installed a new pilot jet, mine was clogged full. Anyways, i reinstalled the carbs last night. I tried once or twice with the the boots set up like the manual says, to put the reat boot on the head and the front boot on the carb, but i couldnt get them to line up. So i but put both boots on the heads, and they slipped right into place. Did i just get lucky or did i find the magic angle and boot placement?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Sometimes being lucky is as important as being good! Congrats either way. :smiley_th

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gordon, im pretty sure it was all luck lol. The next time the carbs come off they are getting rejetted and that damn airbox is coming out in as many pieces as i can cut it into lol. I bet the carbs come right out and go right back in without that damn box. Its also going to get coastered when i do the partial ear shave. I say partial because im going to keep the ears there and use them as storage for all my road gear and crap. I just want the performance and ease of carb work without the airbox, but i like the look of the ears.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I attached both boots, but kept the clamps for the carb side off, then i pushed the carbs into there spots so i didnt bend the clamps, then just slid the clamps between the carbs and the boots, seemed to work out pretty well for me. i did spray some pb blaster on the boots to lube them up, made installation a thousand times easier, everything just kinda slid together.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Air box removal

I removed my plastic air box using a red hot hacksaw blade. Used some tape to make a handle and using a propane torch heated the end of the blade red hot. then melting and cutting the box into removable sized pieces. total time 1 1/2 hrs. be careful of the hoses and wires.
Bob

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
There are supposed to be alignment marks on the boots and carbs.

·
Into the Darkness
272 Posts
how do the boots go back on? like what angle?
If you look on the boots you will see where there is like a little half circle bump on them. That half circle bump is suppose to line up with the head on the same style pattern on the very top middle of the head.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
What does it mean by head projection? the angle the head is facing?
What are you referencing in the highlighted sentence?
I do not see anything in this thread with the phrase *head projection*.
I need some context to understand the question.:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Manual says to allign the projections on the boot(Carb holder) with the cylender projection. Im trying to get the boots on the correct way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok i see now....flashlight helped me see.....thanks guys. Maybe tomorrow i can get em on...the chill outside wont help tho

·
Registered
137 Posts
Downloadable VN750 service manual:
you are awesome I just got a 750 vulcan 1989 or 91 not sure yet for FREEEE my friend told me she thinks it just needs a new battery but its been sitting in the the garage for 5 years so I'm thinking Battery, clean carbs maybe rebuild kit, drain gas tank run some seafoam with fresh gas and a oil change is all im hoping it needs :smiley_th

1 - 20 of 23 Posts