Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a thumb screw pilot adjuster for the bike and does not seem to be long enough to pass the vacuum pipe coming out next to the screw hole, Has anybody else experienced the same problem and can it be solved ?

·
Registered
736 Posts
only thing I could think would be to make the screw head smaller, which unfortunately defeats the purpose a bit. where did you get the screws from? I've been interested in those for a while now

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got them off ebay , A few people sell them but they need to be a bit longer to fit. Shame really, I could grind down thumb screw but these brass screws will be spoilt.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I have sat and thought about it and I think if I grind knurled head of screw at 45 degrees I can get it to fit and still retain the shape as I only need to grind half of the screw head away, no good as it is anyway!.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I set my pilots to colour of spark plugs and I am always tweaking them, just me fiddling really.

·
Diesel Tech
136 Posts
Does the plug need to be at the end or is that just a tamper-prevention for emissions?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I removed tamper plug when I did ear shave ,these adjust screws are substitute idle items.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts