Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See you guys already have a Del. thread and a MD thread, but im stuck in between here on the Eastern shore :(

Thought I would see if anyone is on this side of the bay in MD around here.

Just got my 750 and sure could use a look over by someone in the know.

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, guess we are a rare breed. Who was in town for bike week last month?

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I know its pointless to respond and say that I wasn't there but everybody needs at least one reply to their threads right? I ride with a guy from Wilmington DE, that's about as far South as I've been. If you Marylanders or Delawarians put a ride together, especially if its on the coast, let me know. I'll try to make it...

·
Registered
686 Posts
I know its pointless to respond and say that I wasn't there but everybody needs at least one reply to their threads right? I ride with a guy from Wilmington DE, that's about as far South as I've been. If you Marylanders or Delawarians put a ride together, especially if its on the coast, let me know. I'll try to make it...
Route 9 from New Castle down to Leipsic DE with a stop at Sambo's is a great ride....If it happens, count me in. :beerchug: Lots of great roads in the Lancaster PA area too.

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alot of good back roads to ride down here on the lower shore, I like to take some back roads in the Snow Hill area and ride down to lower VA, I should have my 750 done by next month.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Mellow! I've got my carb"s back on......waiting on some silicone to dry before I start it.......I found another vacuum leak..........anyway I have some bud's at work that like to ride (but they are fair weather bikers) maybe come spring or a nice warm day we can hookup and ride some of the roads down here.

Fred

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure, hopefully I will have my bike done by then. Remodeling my house at the moment so that has taken priority over the bike.

I have been in the hurlock/federalsburg area working, looks like some fun back roads to ride over that way as long as you don't mind passing by chicken farms and getting a good whiff of country life.

·
Registered
22 Posts
LOL! That's the only kind! I have my bike back together! and If this flipping rain ever gets out of here I'll test drive her to make sure she's good. So far idling in the shed........she sounds and acts good!

fred

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been out doing some riding and found some great back country roads, especially up in Delaware, nice clean curvy roads just waiting to be ridden. Unfortunately, the only people I have to ride with at the moment are sport bikes, so they blow me away then slow down so I can catch up.

If anyone is going to be in the area shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New to the forum

Hey Mellow,

I just bought a 2001 Vulcan 750 and I too live in Salisbury. Whereabouts in Salisbury do you live? I live off Parker Road and I work at Perdue. Maybe we can get together and take a cruise one day.

Raider Man

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im on the other side of town off rt 50. You going to be riding this weekend for bike week?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm thinking about taking a ride for a couple hours tomorrow, I work nights. I think me and my daughter will go for a spin on Saturday. I have only had this bike for 3 days and I have been out everyday. Have you had a chance to check out Bike Week?

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You still riding around town raiderman?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes I am still around riding, in fact I was out today for a bit. It was a little windy but still enjoyable. I took a ride to Ocean City on Wednesday, boy was it deserted. I think I was the only person under 60 there.

I haven't seen any other VN750s on the road around here but if you see a short fat white guy on a black and silver one it may be me!

Congrats on getting your M endorsement, that will help if one of Mike Lewis or Ivan Barkley's boys stop you.

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just did see this, no longer Barkley's boys, now they are Duncan's boys. I have been riding for years with no license, I never knew about the fast track course till this year, that was fast and painless, the way it should be.

I might be out riding this afternoon, I like to cruise Old Ocean City Rd and take some of the back roads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like to take that route also. I live off Parker Road so Old OC road is right up the street. One of my favorite routes is to turn off Old OC Road onto Parsonsburg road. I follow that to whichever turn I want to take me back home. I usually end up north of Salisbury around Delmar and make my way back from there. The roads on the other side of Rt 50, by Powellville, are a good ride also.

Stay in touch, maybe we will cross paths.

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a heads up Raiderman, sold the Vulcan but still riding, just a different bike. Can't miss this one, green Suzuki Bandit 600, not many around here. Hope to see you out riding. I still frequent Old Ocean City Rd a lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Mellow. I have been out a few times in the past 3 weeks and I may go out this weekend. I will keep an eye out for you, you sound hard to miss.

Good riding to ya!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts