Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, if this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I only come here when I have a problem, and I haven't had one for a while so it's been some time.

The cover on my right ear has a stuck screw. I've heard it's a common problem...some plastic part melts because and the screw won't turn, or something like that...the cause isn't that important.

Everything I've read says the ear needs to be replaced, otherwise I'll never be able to clean/replace the filter. My question is, do I need to remove the engine like I would with an ear shave, or can I just remove the mounting screws, pull the ear off of the air duct, and replace it? Thanks in advance.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
First off, if this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I only come here when I have a problem, and I haven't had one for a while so it's been some time.

The cover on my right ear has a stuck screw. I've heard it's a common problem...some plastic part melts because and the screw won't turn, or something like that...the cause isn't that important.

Everything I've read says the ear needs to be replaced, otherwise I'll never be able to clean/replace the filter. My question is, do I need to remove the engine like I would with an ear shave, or can I just remove the mounting screws, pull the ear off of the air duct, and replace it? Thanks in advance.
iirc...Yes.

I ran for a couple years missing the front cover screw on my right ear...

hth

:smiley_th

1 - 3 of 3 Posts