Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of info on this...but is there an actual set of instructions for doing this? Just a little confused on some area, like...do you plug or filter the rear carb vacuum line? and exactly how many vacuum and breather lines are there to take care of when the airbox is gone?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I was cruising around looking for the same thing, found this:
http://jr_allas.tripod.com/documents/Ear_Removal.htm

Very good and complete.
Trent, whom JR got most of that from, is currently running 148 front main, and 145 rear, 42 pilots, and one shim each needle.

My ears have been shaved since April '06. I live fairly close to Trent, maybe 35 miles away, and about the same distane above sea level, which ain't much!

I'm running 140 mains in both carbs, 40 pilots, one shim under each (stock) needle, with the rear a/f mix screw out 3.5 turns, and the front out 3.75 turns. I average 45-47mpg most times, at 65-70mph, and 4600rpm at 70. (This is due to a 170/80-15 rear tire; stock tire had me doing right at 5000rpm at 70mph, and fuel mileage was about 42mpg) This is with the full Kaw Tour Pack fairing and hardbags, and a CB650C trunk.

I'm going to be doing some experimenting before long, with 142 mains and two shims; should get a little better performance (it's actually quite fine right now), but I expect fuel mileage to drop to 40-42mpg.

hth

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts