Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 06 vn750 with 17000 miles on it been thinking of doing the ear shave to get a cleaner looking bike it got the k/n filters in the stock air boxs now i have jardin pipes and it was rejeted for the pipes and the k/n air filters last year what i would like to no is do i have to rejet the carbs again for when i do the ear shave or will the jets i have in it now work thanks weedy1

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Didn't really to rejet for just the pipes. Do you know what values they put in for the jets and/or shims under the needle heads? May not need to rejet again if the values are right.

Jon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do not no what jets or shims that the dealer put in the the bike had all this done last year when i blow a head gastet with 10000 miles on it thay said thay need to rejet it for the k/n air filders that i had them put in when it was in the shop later weedy1

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Then if you shave it, you will have to pull the jets and see what sizes they are and check to see if the shims are added under the needle head.

The k&n filters don't require a rejet either, it's the whole airbox intake that is the problem for restriction, not the filters.

Jon

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
If you go earshave you have to rejet. Mine needed the biggest ones we could get. She will be sucking more air and hence require more fuel.

I think it's awesome but you should know you loose a lot of fuel economy. FYI.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
you guy's make me wonder what mine would have done ,mileage wise without the shave job, it gets between 45 and 50 with 150 main jets,shows lean on the plugs if I go any smaller.I have always thought that an engine when it is running right and burning the mixture cleanly was both more powerful when you open it up and more efficient when under a normal loads ,and for the record I weigh between 290 and 300#,Denny

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Mine was doing at about 52mpg before I tinkered with anything.
It went down to just above 40mpg with out ears.
The only bad part is the frequent refueling when out riding. Also some times you are not sure you are going to make the next water hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts