Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there’s any updated ear shave procedures. I’ve seen some stuff from more than a few years ago and I’m having trouble finding the coasters needed for the ear shave.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
7,900 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
that must have happened recently. i did my ear shave only a couple months ago and considered purchasing the coasters there. i ultimately made then myself using the reed boxes as templates.

Yep, easy enough to make.

The only reason that I didn't was that at the time I was building so many things and making so many changes to the bike and those were easily available.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

Has anyone tried to do an ear shave a different way? All I’m looking to do is take the stock filter boxes off and put in the pods. Simple and easy.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Thanks guys.

Has anyone tried to do an ear shave a different way? All I’m looking to do is take the stock filter boxes off and put in the pods. Simple and easy.
Doesn't make sense to skip the rest, such as airbox delete and coasters. You gain so much space (for carb removal) and clean up so much clutter by using coasters or at least capping the air system.

I don't feel that re-jetting is automatically necessary, mine runs great with stock jets, and others have done the same.

There's also the problem of open hoses if the plumbing is left in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts