Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there are three hoses off the surge tank box, all three are connected to this brass(?) cylindrical thing all three hoses are connected to directly in front of the battery. One of the hoses is connected on the right side of the front cylinder head. Do I remove all these? The main two I am concerned about; the one connected to the front cylinder and the small breather hose that attached to the carburetor. I know about the crankcase filter and pod filters.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
The brass cylindrical deal is the suction valve for the emissions control.

Removing all this, we call it coasters or coastering.

Small vac port on the right carb gets plugged, hose gets removed.

The reed boxes on the each head can be removed and the hole covered with a plate. These are homemade or you can buy them. These are the coasters.

Or, instead of removing, the reed box hose nipples can also be capped with rubber caps, or 1/2" copper water caps.

The long 1/2" hoses on each head (each reed box) get tossed.

Check for the threads on this for more ideas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the left side of the carbs? Do I cap that one as well? I cant seem to find a straight answer in the other threads.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just think i answered my own question. Left side is connected to vacuum port via petcock, correct?

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Or you can leave the reed plates on, with a little bit of hose and get a marble and shove in there. The hard part is finding damn marbles. Libs have outlawed them in many states so you can't find them anyplace. I finally found a little bag of marbles at the CVS.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Yup, left carb vac line to center port of the peacock.

That's right! Coasters and Marbling, that's a thing here.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yup, left carb vac line to center port of the peacock.

That's right! Coasters and Marbling, that's a thing here.
Where's the peacock mounted on your bike? I don't see any feathers sticking out anywhere... :grin2:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Where's the peacock mounted on your bike? I don't see any feathers sticking out anywhere... :grin2:
Oh hell, it was another thread where we had peacocks and nipples.

My peacock is usually on top of the garage, screaming at the neighbor's kids.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
ahhh,peacocks and nipples...

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Still waitin on some carb parts. Had to replace my float needles and float chamber gaskets. O-rings as well needed replaced. Emgo filter came in, gotta wait for funds for my pod filters. Should have it all slapped all together and riding it this weekend.

Lib comment made me laugh my ass off xD

·
Registered
39 Posts
Or you can leave the reed plates on, with a little bit of hose and get a marble and shove in there. The hard part is finding damn marbles. Libs have outlawed them in many states so you can't find them anyplace. I finally found a little bag of marbles at the CVS.
Craft stores readily have them. Think Pat Catans, Hobby Lobby, that sort of place. $1.50 for a bag of 50

·
Registered
12 Posts
So for coastering all it is I, 2 plates on the reed boxes and plug the vac port on the right side of the carb? That's it? Then after that all I have to do is put the k&n pods on the the carbs?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts