Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the V&H pipes on today, and am looking at doing an ear shave and coaster in the near future. My question is, has anyone done the ear shave and replaced the stock intake with a single air filter?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I put the V&H pipes on today, and am looking at doing an ear shave and coaster in the near future. My question is, has anyone done the ear shave and replaced the stock intake with a single air filter?
Yes someone put a dual inlet filter underneath the gas tank where the air box is now.and they posted it on here I just don't know who it was.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
YES it has been done... I did it... and here is a write up of some one else... although I did mine for even cheaper than his... I took a piece of 16 guage steel and cut it to the shape of an oval filter to make both a top and bottom for the air cleaner, I then cut two round hols in the bottom plate for the stock carb boots to breath through, and one hole for the breather hose. total cost of parts was $16 bucks... I will look for the part number on the filter in the AM... its in my garage some where.

Air Filter
Product Line: NAPA Small Engine
Part Number: SME 708355
Price:
Price
Unit
:
:
Each
Availability:
Available Now
Features & Benefits Meets Or Exceeds OEM Specifications; Made In The USA
Warranty 2 Year Limited on Manufactures Defect in Material or Workmanship
Attributes Air Filter Bottom I.D. (Inches) : 8.75"
Air Filter Bottom I.D. (mm) : 222.25 mm
Air Filter Bottom O.D. (Inches) : 3.75"
Air Filter Bottom O.D. (mm) : 95.25 mm
Air Filter Height (Inches) : 3.25"
Air Filter Height (mm) : 82.55 mm
Air Filter Length (Inches) : 5.5"
Air Filter Length (mm) : 139.7 mm
Air Filter Style : Cartridge
Air Filter Width (Inches) : 2.75"
Air Filter Width (mm) : 69.85 mm
O.E. # : 110132114
Original Equipment Series : Kawasaki

·
Registered
796 Posts
Is there a Y manifold pipe that can be used to vent the carbs to one side and put a filter there.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
i didn't use a filter, just ran the crank case l lines together then ran one to the middle of the filter. as for the "Carb" vent line, I just ran it back to where the emissions crap used to be. I did have to re-jet though...

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Is there a Y manifold pipe that can be used to vent the carbs to one side and put a filter there.
If I understand you right, you don't mean to vent per say but to draw air in... from the right hand side more or less... there isn't a stock application for a Y Minifold, but one could be made very easily... then run a single pod filter or a rig up a mount for a HD looking filter.. but then the ears have to come all the way off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts