Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
I keep reading about the photos of this procedure, but I don't see any? Am I just too new to know how the site works?
I think they got lost in the whole Photobucket ussue

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

·
2003 Vulcan 750/Sidecar
90 Posts
The procedures in the "collection of" pdf were cut and pasted from the forum. The pictures are from the procedure threads. Should be the originals.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
Registered
5 Posts
PJMotorsports is still in business. We continue to sell the Jets and Shims to many customers. We noticed the Filter & Coaster company are now gone. We here at PJMotorsports are going to put together a kit with all the items mentioned... Main Jets, Pilot Jets, Shims, Filter Assembly & Coasters. I read somewhere that the coasters needed to be adjusted in size. If anyone has any feed back before we have these made for us using the specs that were on here earlier please contact us at PJMotorsports.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ear Shave Procedure Kit

Please contact us at PJMotorsports.com with any info regarding these kits so we can make them to work for the VN750. Any info you can give us regarding the following:
1. I read a post that the coasters needed to be slightly altered in size.
2. Original Thread post stated Main #142 & Pilot #42. Others posted on some threads that #140 & #40 were preferable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agreed. I was disappointed too.....slightly larger would look better.
We here at PJMotorsports are going to be making an entire kit for the Ear Shave Procedure. Sherms and Phat are both out of business. I noticed you mentioned the coasters should be wider. We have the original specs but want to have the adjustments made by our CNC guy. Can you send me a pic showing what you are referring to? I would appreciate this.

Regards,
Sarra/ PJMotorsports

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
We here at PJMotorsports are going to be making an entire kit for the Ear Shave Procedure. Sherms and Phat are both out of business. I noticed you mentioned the coasters should be wider. We have the original specs but want to have the adjustments made by our CNC guy. Can you send me a pic showing what you are referring to? I would appreciate this.

Regards,
Sarra/ PJMotorsports
Why not just use a reed box for a pattern, that's how I made mine. Should be plenty of reed boxes around, I have two.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/31-engine-exhaust-cooling/32273-making-set-coasters-6.html

Jets - 142/42 is usually far too rich.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Reactions: roadpouring

·
Registered
273 Posts
Please contact us at PJMotorsports.com with any info regarding these kits so we can make them to work for the VN750. Any info you can give us regarding the following:
1. I read a post that the coasters needed to be slightly altered in size.
2. Original Thread post stated Main #142 & Pilot #42. Others posted on some threads that #140 & #40 were preferable.

100% go with 40/140

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
Thanks for your input!!! I clicked on your link to see the Reed Box but it would only take me to another page... didnt open the html. Can you send it to our email? [email protected]
The link works for me and goes to another thread about making coasters, I mainly posted it to show you the reed box.

https://www.vn750.com/forum/31-engine-exhaust-cooling/32273-making-set-coasters-6.html

The reed box is a perfect pattern and the coasters will fit just right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered the jets from the company as stated in your instructions but they don’t look the same. Can you tell me what I did wrong please?

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I ordered the jets from the company as stated in your instructions but they don’t look the same. Can you tell me what I did wrong please?

Scroll down until you see "Keihin Round 99101-393 Main Jet"
Look through "Jet Sizes Available"
Choose the size you want, for instance '140' and scroll down to see the 'size' box.
Click on the 'v' until you see '140' .
Then click 'Add To Cart'.
Choose quantity at 'Check Out'.

For 'Pilot/Slow Jet', scroll down until you see "Keihin N424-22 Pilot/Slow Jet"
Choose '40' in size box and 'Add To Cart'.
Choose quantity at 'Check Out'.

341 - 354 of 354 Posts