Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got through doing the ear shave mod to my bike and realized that I have the california model with the evaporative emissions system in it. So I am left with a hose coming off of that system leading to no where. What should I do with this hose if I wanted to keep the system on.
OR what should I do with the tubes coming off of the gas tank had I wanted to remove the system entirely? Thanks in advance!

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
One tube is a vent tube, the other goes to the evap canister.

Leave the vent tube, and plug the tube that led to the evap canister. Then perform the marbling/block off plate procedure.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I used chair leg caps for my reed valve block offs.package of 4 for less than 2$ at lowes
Nice budget solution! :rockon:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool sounds good. So my bike is coastered after doing the ear shave, doesn't that solve the marbling block off plate thing. If I still need to do the marbling thing, can somebody send me a link to instructions on how to do it?
Also, both hoses from the gas tank lead to a little cylinder before going to the charcoal canister so I don't know which one is the vacuum line. they are marked red and blue...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts