Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wondering about doing the ear shave... I don't mind the looks, but it would be nice to get rid of that big plastic box that gets in the way of everything!

Looking at google, it seems I'm at around 137ft above sea level (85349). What jets would be good to use? I know Lance is the guy to ask, but he's usually very busy and maybe someone else around here knows.

I have no experience driving up mountains and such since everything is flat around here, how would climbing a mountain up to around 4000ft affect the bike? That's about the elevation on a nearby mountain which I'd love to ride on someday (though definitely not yet!).

Last question isn't precisely about the ear shave, but still thought I'd ask anyway.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
In theory I believe the following is true:

The earshave gives you more freer flowing air and a leaner fuel mix.

The higher you go the thinner the air gets, and your fuel mixture will get richer.
IMHO 137 feet elevation is close enough to sea level to use the same jets they would. (Sorry I don`t know what size to recommend.)

I think an occasional ride up the mountain to 4,000 feet would not be a problem with stock intake and jetting. (I live at about 3500 feet elevation and have lots of power on the Vulcan). You may experience some loss of power at altitude compared to home, so be cautious if attempting to overtake and pass while climbing.

Check out IronMan750`s post number 7 in this thread, and his use of the Dial-A-Jet/Intel-A-Jet system for mountain riding from 4,000- 11,000 feet.
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15621&highlight=intelajet

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks for the info! Glad to know such systems exist :)

Maybe someone else around here knows the jet size... if not, I'll just have to get in line on Lance's inbox lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts