Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doc's Ear-Shave mentioned he got K&N Air Filters RC2340...

I am curious if I could use any universal air filter?
like these: 54MM CHROME AIR FILTER Cone Kawasaki KZ750 900 1100 Motorcycle Bike I AF25

I don't want to spend almost $30 per air filter just yet ... I still need to get some pilot jets and fuel line and some vacuum caps ... plus a few other things to get this bike running again.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Those look like they could work. Many people on here have used various different filters on here with good results, others with not so good results. The only member that stands out in my mind that went with a cheaper filter that worked good was Wolfie.

I know he has chimed in a few times on different posts on what he used and I think he more then stands behind his choice from what I've read. I don't recall off hand what he used, but I'm sure a quick search on his user name will pull up some of his post no problem.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I remember reading, I know which ones he got too I believe... its those cylindrical black foam ones.

I'll get those if really absolutely necessary but I don't like how they look... I am going for function after all so if these chrome cone ones don't work too good I'll simply get the black foam ones and skip out on looks. :p

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
You dont need to rejet for an earshave. As far a kn filters go, they fit. Not just the neck, but under the tank. Keep that in mind. Any airfilter that fits will work.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You dont need to rejet for an earshave. As far a kn filters go, they fit. Not just the neck, but under the tank. Keep that in mind. Any airfilter that fits will work.
Wish I would have read a bit more before ordering the jets and shims lol! But oh well, it probably needs done anyway and I'll probably be happier with the end result if I do.

If I can work out the kinks in the loud tapping noise I'll have a bike worth every bit of 2 grand.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
My Left side K&N pod presses hard against the tank. When I earshaved and tried my stock 38 pilot jet (it was very clean) I suddenly was running very lean in both cylinders even with the air screw 3 turns out. A size 40 pilot jet fixed the problem with the air screws 2 turns out.

Every bike is a tad different.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
My Left side K&N pod presses hard against the tank. When I earshaved and tried my stock 30 pilot jet (it was very clean) I suddenly was running very lean in both cylinders even with the air screw 3 turns out. A size 40 pilot jet fixed the problem with the air screws 2 turns out.

Every bike is a tad different.
I ran 2.5 turns out with no problems at all and I'm only 600 ft above sea level.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
OEM pilot jet is a #38. If you actually ran a #30 w/#95 pilot air bleed, you would have been dangerously lean.
You caught me,,,, typo, I have since changed post to show the 38 pilot jet. thanks for catching that.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Kinda funny,I kept seeing "ear shave" on here but did not have a CLUE!!But now I see pics of those lil filters sticking out,I would think without a "jet change" that would be a EASY mod...right??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts