Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dynajim I hope you will forgive me for copying these instructions from this thread and giving them a title of their own.
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17764

Good job BTW.:smiley_th
Hopefully it will be easier to find these instructions this way.

The only editting I have done is to add a space between the paragraphs to make it easier to keep your place while doing the procedure.:)

I just finished R&R'g the choke cable. I was looking for pics of this 2. No one has em. Here's how and where to look to remove and eventually replace the choke cable:

On the left handle grip underneath you'll see a chrome adjuster. Loosen the 6mm locknut and screw the adjuster in as far as it will go to give you slack at the carbs.

With the tank off, look at the left side carb. At the left, towards the top of that carb, you'll see the enricher plunger for that carb. Slightly above and behind you'll see a triangular piece that holds the bottom end of the choke cable. Pull on the metal part of the cable and slide the cable down. There's a slot for the cable to drop out or in for removal/installation.

While looking at the left side carb, now look to the right of the petcock and over at the backside of the right carb. You'll see where the choke cable attaches to the other side.

Now re-position yourself on the rt side of the bike. Looking at the right carb look at the rear of it and you'll again see the enricher plunger and the cable connection. It has a slot system for removal/replacement also.

Now all this being said, I'm sure you'll now agree WHY no one has any pics. It's pretty near impossible(imho) to get a clear picture to post.
Hope this helps?

To my knowledge, I wasn't able to find clear instructions ANYWHERE. Whether in ANY of the manuals or even in the "Verses" on exactly HOW to R&R the choke cable. If I missed, mybad? If not, MODS you may want to stcky this? Just sayin
Edit: OK, Jim did this better 20 minutes before I started this thread. See his thread here:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17772

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not at all Gordon. Many here helped me discover things no Kaw mech's know, in a very short time! The time and $ I've saved as a result is enormous! It's my contribution in return. And My pleasure!:beerchug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts