Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried this? I did see a few with Sportster seats but they looked a wee small.. I thought I would try a seat from a Dyna to better cover the frame.
I"m going to pick the seat up tomorrow.. Should I save my money? I already removed my seat and backrest and I think a seat like this might look really nice.. That is if I can get it to work..

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Did yah pick it up? If so, how much? I purchased a HD FatBoy Solo seat from Craigslist for $60. Haven't had time to install it yet but initial fit test looks very promising.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did yah pick it up? If so, how much? I purchased a HD FatBoy Solo seat from Craigslist for $60. Haven't had time to install it yet but initial fit test looks very promising.
Yeah, I installed it a day after the op.. I brought the stock vn seat with me and it looked like a great fit. When I started the install it was a bit of a PITA.. I had to cut and trim the seat panto fit the front and clear the tank and cut the underside to make room for the fender.. When I took the seat apart I put the core on the bike and it looked good so I didn't cut it up.. so far I like it but I think I can make it fit just a little better so I'm going to trim a bit more.. I also bought a set of saddle bags (old west type) to hide the frame under the rear part of the seat. Paid 50 bucks for the seat.. looked like new off a 05.

Question, you said you bought a Solo seat. What are you going to do about the tail of the frame? and does it look like it will cover the main frame?

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Question, you said you bought a Solo seat. What are you going to do about the tail of the frame? and does it look like it will cover the main frame?
1. I gotta chop the tail of the frame off and find a way to support the rear fender.
2. Yes, the solo seat covers the main frame prefectly.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
to support the fender, use some fender struts as posted in my pic above, or make some struts.
That's my plan of attack but I missed the Motorcycle Swap Meet at the end of last month. Gotta wait a few weeks or seach Craigslist and eBay.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
here are some pics of my sporty seat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts