Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new rear and I'm wondering if anyone has used there for tire balancing??

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
I use the beads. I currently work for a tire shop that before they were bought out by a national chain, Installed and sold motorcycle tires so we have the rim adapters for the mount and dismount on the wheels. but the adapters for the balancer are long gone. the beads are great fast balance no ugly stick ons on the rims. we also use the beads at one of our other stores that does box truck and rvs. downside is that you cannot use ride-on or any other sealant. but i carry a push plug kit and a 12v compressor. so no problem here.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree with Joe as the beads work on some tires..Most good tires donot need balancing anymore. Again agree with Joe on Unable to use tire sealants. Good luck. which ever avenue you take. Amsoil man

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Why not use "Ride On" which balances and seals the tires against future punctures?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Why not use "Ride On" which balances and seals the tires against future punctures?
+100

Why spend money on a product that only balances your tire when you can use something that not only balances the wheel but protects you from flats?

Professionally , I would have the wheel balanced properly using stick on weights first. Most tires are not "prebalanced" as AMSOIL MAN might believe. and you have to remember you are not balancing just the tire, but the whole wheel. Dyna beads and even using Ride On are not really meant to replace properly balancing the wheel , but to fine tune it.

Don't be a lazy biker and just go for quick fixes, do the job right.

KM

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
actually if you read ride-on website you should have your tires professionally balanced then install ride-on to seal against punctures and help keep them balanced. ride-on does not balance in of itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts