Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added Dyna Beads to my tires. Anyone else out there used them and how did you rate them.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
For those of us who never heard of Dyna Beads, what exactly are they? I googled it and found it's a tire balancing product, but I have no idea how they work.

Did you add them through the valve stem or did you install them with a tire change?

·
Registered
950 Posts
you add them through the valve stem. You have to use a different shrader valve after though. One that has a filter or something like that. They sell them on the site the sells the dyna beads

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Thanks for the website. Looked this stuff up and, while I'm not sure of the physics behind it, I can see how it might work better than static weights on the outside of your rim. However, I don't think this system won't work with the Ride-On Tire Protector system. Now I'll have to choose between perfectly balanced tires and puncture protected tires. My guess is the puncture protection will win out. Safety trumps comfort!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Thanks for the website. Looked this stuff up and, while I'm not sure of the physics behind it, I can see how it might work better than static weights on the outside of your rim. However, I don't think this system won't work with the Ride-On Tire Protector system. Now I'll have to choose between perfectly balanced tires and puncture protected tires. My guess is the puncture protection will win out. Safety trumps comfort!
Hey rubyrick, you don`t really have to choose one or the other. The Ride-On sealant acts to balance your tires too. It`s a two for one deal. Ride-On.:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Had my new tires balanced and after a few hundred miles added Ride-On. If there was any vibration before the Ride-On, it's gone now. Never had any vibration during the first few miles with Ride-On as they mention may occur. It being warm when I added it may have had something to do with no initial vibration.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I know several people (choppers & sport bikes) who've tried them and most of those people say they really like them and they work well up to, and at high speeds. It sounds like they work well if you put in the correct amount per tire.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Hey rubyrick, you don`t really have to choose one or the other. The Ride-On sealant acts to balance your tires too. It`s a two for one deal. Ride-On.:smiley_th
OlHoss, this makes sense to me because the same principle that works for the Dyna Beads rotating around inside your tire would work for the liquid Ride-On inside your tire, as long as Ride-On remains a liquid.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Never saw a good reason to use the dynabeads when you could use Ride On and not only have it balance your tire , but have the puncture protection too.

The only advantage I could see is if you change tires alot, it might be possible to remove the dynabeads and reuse them in the new tire....something I would not want to try with Ride On. But given that extra advantage of keeping your tire from going flat on you ...Ride On wins the battle for me.
I would not own a bike anymore without having Ride On in my tires , or perhaps the Rhino Tire treated tire instead.

KM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts